Combustible dust explosions are a hazard in many workplaces. OSHA has some tips for preventing such an accident.
- Implement a hazardous dust inspection, testing, housekeeping and control program
- Use proper dust collection systems
- Regularly inspect for dust residue in open and hidden areas
- If ignition sources are present, use cleaning methods that do not generate dust clouds
- Control smoke, open flames and sparks – including mechanical sparks and friction
More information can be found on the OSHA website